|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Cornelius' late goal lifts Whitecaps to 1-1 draw against SKC
European Football Headlines
- Ori Okwonkwo scores twice, Impact beat Timbers 2-1
- Rooney scores from 70 yards, DC United tops Orlando 1-0
- Martinez misses penalty kick, Atlanta falls to Toronto
- Przybylko taps home goal in 84th, Union tie Revs 1-1
- African Cup: Salah scores as Egypt sails through to last 16
- Benfica says Atletico made offer for teenager João Félix
- Brazil looks to avoid another Copa America upset
- Argentina hints at more changes for Copa America quarters
- Neville relaxed going into England's quarterfinal vs Norway
- French veteran Mombaerts takes over as Melbourne City coach
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) Derek Cornelius scored in the fourth minute of second-half stoppage time to help the Vancouver Whitecaps pull level for a 1-1 draw against 10-man Sporting Kansas City on Saturday night.
Cornelius tied it for the Whitecaps (3-6-4) with a left-footed volley from near the penalty spot to finish Ali Adnan's cross.
Sporting KC (2-4-5) took the lead in the 37th minute on Krisztian Nemeth's goal, a close-range finish of the rebound off Johnny Russell's saved attempt. In the 51st minute, Nemeth was sent off for a reckless challenge against Felipe Martins.
Sporting KC extended its winless streak to seven.
Updated May 18, 2019