|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Stefan Frei records 6 saves in scoreless draw with Union
European Football Headlines
- African Cup: Cameroon starts with win, Ghana upstaged
- Copa America happy with video reviews despite some criticism
- Dutch cap Europe's World Cup dominance by ousting Japan
- Barca sells Gomes to Everton; Cillessen set to join Valencia
- Ever-changing Argentina seeks stability at Copa America
- Italy beats China 2-0, reaches first quarterfinal since 1991
- Ospina returns for Copa America quarterfinals
- Real Madrid to have women's team from 2020-21 season
- It's on: The World Cup clash between the US and France
- Copa America organizers happy despite empty seats
CHESTER, Pa. (AP) Stefan Frei had six saves for his fifth shutout of the season, and the Seattle Sounders played to a scoreless draw with the Philadelphia Union on Saturday night.
Frei pushed Brenden Aaronson's shot to safety in the 18th minute and corralled the rebound of a low knuckler in the 53rd for the Sounders (7-1-5).
Andre Blake needed one save to register his second clean sheet of the year for the Union (7-3-3).
Both teams had winning streaks snapped by the result. Philadelphia had won three straight and Seattle was winners of its last two.
Updated May 18, 2019