|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Finlay's goal lifts Minnesota United over Crew 1-0
European Football Headlines
- Neville relaxed going into England's quarterfinal vs Norway
- Barcelona signs Neto in swap of backup keepers with Valencia
- Altidore scores in first start in 20 months, US tops Panama
- Former Liverpool, Germany player Hamann charged with assault
- Qazaishvili scores twice, Earthquakes beat Dynamo 2-0
- Venuto scores in stoppage time, Whitecaps tie Dallas 2-2
- Ori Okwonkwo scores twice, Impact beat Timbers 2-1
- Rooney scores from 70 yards, DC United tops Orlando 1-0
- Martinez misses penalty kick, Atlanta falls to Toronto
- Przybylko taps home goal in 84th, Union tie Revs 1-1
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) Ethan Finlay scored against his former team in the 70th minute, and Minnesota United held on for a 1-0 win over the Columbus Crew on Saturday night.
Romain Metanire played in a diagonal cross, which Brent Kallman headed back across the 6-yard box, and Finlay was waiting near the far post for the tap-in. Finlay played for Columbus from 2012-17 until he was traded to the Loons (5-4-3).
Darwin Quintero found the net twice in the first half for Minnesota United but was ruled offside both times.
The Crew (5-8-1), who have lost seven of eight, had no shots on target.
Updated May 18, 2019