Atletico reaches agreement with Real Madrid to sign Llorente
European Football Headlines
- UEFA fines Russia's Krasnodar over unqualified coach
- Red Star Belgrade edges through in Champions League prelims
- Cameroon fires Seedorf after early exit at African Cup
- Ravel Morrison back in the Premier League at Sheffield Utd
- UEFA allows Mechelen in Europa League amid open fixing case
- Arsenal tops Rapids 3-0 in friendly match
- Argentine sport court member advices Messi to apologize
- Delph leaves Man City to join Everton
- US men's soccer to play Mexico in New Jersey on Sept 6
- Ramsey could play 1st Juventus match against Tottenham
MADRID (AP) Atletico Madrid has reached an agreement with city rival Real Madrid to sign midfielder Marcos Llorente on a five-year deal.
Atletico made the announcement on Thursday, saying the 24-year-old Llorente will undergo a medical examination. No fee was disclosed.
Llorente, who made 36 appearances for Real over the last two seasons and is a Spain Under-21 international, plays as a midfield anchorman. He could be a replacement for Rodri, who currently plays that role for Atletico and has been linked with a move to Manchester City.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated June 20, 2019