Phillies reliever Pat Neshek exits with apparent injury
- Mets trade candidate Wheeler lands on IL
- Crawford 8 RBIs, Giants rip Rockies 19-2
- Rays try to put dent in Yankees' lead
- Surging Braves visit struggling Brewers
- Cubs roll into home series against Reds
WASHINGTON (AP) Philadelphia Phillies reliever Pat Neshek has left an appearance against the Washington Nationals with an apparent injury.
Neshek exited with a 2-0 count on Trea Turner in the eighth inning of the second game of a doubleheader Wednesday night. The submarine right-hander gave up a solo home run to Victor Robles and retired the other two hitters he faced. It was unclear what happened to Neshek, who was replaced by right-hander JD Hammer.
Neshek entered 0-1 with a 4.67 ERA in 19 games. He came off the injured list Sunday after missing more than three weeks with a shoulder strain.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated June 19, 2019